code of conduct
tl;dr learn by doing and helping. be excellent to each other. have fun!
a primary goal of darklinux.uk is to be inclusive to the largest number of
contributors, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. as such, we
are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all.
this code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in
our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
we invite all those who participate in darklinux.uk to help us create safe and
positive experiences for everyone.
# darklinux.uk mission
darklinux.uk exists to foster an engaged community for socializing,
learning, and making cool stuff
in a mass-media age, it is up to small, intentional communities to gather and
work together to provide a space outside of the advertising-laden,
profit-seeking, corporate-owned world of social media.
to that end, darklinux.uk strives to be a radically inclusive community where people
of all backgrounds and all technological experience levels can come together to
learn, to teach, and to delight in one another’s creations.
# expected behavior
the following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- participate in an authentic and active way. in doing so, you contribute
to the health and longevity of this community.
- exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- attempt collaboration before conflict.
- refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- teach when people need help. don’t do it for them.
# unacceptable behavior
the following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within
- violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against
- sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise
discriminatory jokes and language.
- posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying
- personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual
orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- unwelcome sexual attention. this includes sexualized comments or jokes.
- deliberate intimidation, stalking or following.
# consequences of unacceptable behavior
unacceptable behavior from any community member, including sponsors and those
with decision-making authority (sudo), will not be tolerated.
anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
if a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, the community organizers
may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban
or permanent expulsion from darklinux.uk without warning (meaning your account will
be terminated and all user data deleted).
# reporting guidelines
if you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other
concerns, please contact an admin (see info below).
additionally, help engaging with law enforcement is available.
# addressing grievances
if you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this code of
conduct, use the contact info below to send a concise description of your
we expect all darklinux.uk members to abide by this code of conduct while:
- engaging with other members
- publishing content on darklinux.uk
> you can also send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure we all get it.
# license and attribution
this code of conduct is based on citizencodeofconduct.org
under the terms of the creative commons attribution-sharealike license.
# terms of service
please also see the terms of service.